2016 was a milestone year in many ways, and for us, it marked 50 successful years in business. For half a century now, we’ve been providing full service manufacturing and engineering services to industries as diverse as electronics, construction, food and beverage production, and more. Over the years our capabilities have grown, and our commitment to quality has never wavered.
From the humble beginnings in the family basement in the 60’s to our sophisticated manufacturing today, it is interesting to look back at some of the things that our company has been involved in over the years.
In the last 50 years, Vanguard has:
- Worked with our customers to bring air conditioning, lighting, and electricity to the world
- Brought quality coffee, wrinkle free clothes and various other innovations to the marketplace through our work in the small appliance industry
- Helped advanced the defense of the US with our work with the military and military contractors, including work on Marine 1, the President’s helicopter
- Aided in the exploration and commercialization of space travel with our work on the International Space Station and the various commercial launch companies. We’ve also been involved in the pursuit of the next frontier–Mars
- In the medical arena, we’ve worked with our customers to develop implements for cranial surgery, provided products for various surgical implements to decrease recovery time, helped develop products that allow children with respiratory ailments and paralyzed patients to breathe easier, and provided cutting edge products that allow children and adults with severe diabetes to lead more normal lives. Additionally, we’ve done substantial work in the medical analytical field from blood to DNA analysis. We’ve also provided numerous products to our customers in the dental and vision care industries to improve safety
- Manufactured products used by our customers to aid the booming cellular and computer industries
- Worked with our customers in the green energy fields in the development of efficient solar power systems and electric vehicles
- Added style to the fashion industry and theater through our work on Broadway sets and fashion jewelry
- Provided key products to allow clean water to be brought throughout the world
- Supported farming through our work with suppliers to the agricultural and dairy industries
- Helped the hobbyists around the world in their leisure time endeavors, from RC cars and planes, to hunting and fishing, to canoeing and paddleboarding, to beer making and virtual reality gaming
- Along with our customers, developed new innovative products for the food services industry
At Vanguard, though it is good to look back, we are always focusing forward. In the next year, we will be pursuing our ISO-9001/2015 certification, and looking to new markets and applications. We are looking forward to what the next 50 years will bring!